SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blubird_gw

My new kitchen and a towel chicken

blubird
13 years ago

Although we haven't yet chosen a backsplash, I'm posting pictures of my newly redone kitchen. It was far easier than I had expected - taking only 4 weeks from demo to done. My cabinet maker is a gem - electrician and plumber were very professional - all came on time and when they said they would - how unusual these days!

Before:

Demo:

After:

We were concerned that there would be enough aisle clearance between walls and island. The closest spacing is between the sink and island - about 33" from granite top to granite top. The remaining sink wall to island is closer to 36". The distance is more than adequate. The kitchen has had its baptism under fire and works beautifully. I love that I can actually access the seating table (to the left in the pictures) without having to go round a peninsula. Helpers can easily access silverware and plates without invading my cooking space.

And because I loved the idea of the towel pig but was unable to find my own, I adopted a towel chicken instead. I had actually acquired the chicken cookie jar last year at Walmart's after Christmas clearance. It had been sitting on the counter in my before kitchen, but found that it can hold a towel quite nicely.

Towel Chicken:

Details:

custom cabinetry by Russ (in central NJ)

granite: New Venetian Gold from Benchmark

Flooring: porcelain tile

Pendant lighting: Murray Feiss - Parker House

Towel chicken: chicken cookie jar from Walmart

Comments (16)