SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ptamom_gw

Having a tantrum!

ptamom
12 years ago

I took my first trip to the tile store today. Of course I gravitated over to the Sonoma section. I had no business being there, but checked out there subway field tile in the 3x6. Chose the color Sumatra. I wasn't in love with it but it was a good place to start. She brings me back a quote of $40sf. (!) That's just field tile. A bit ridiculous for a simple subway. But then I saw it! The one! I fell in love, not like, love, true mystical, heartstopping, need you for the rest of my life LOVE with the Pewter Tantrum Duo. Even it's name makes me go weak in the knees. I DID NOT ask the price because I KNOW it will be insane, yet I bring home the sample and it looks AAAH-MAZING! Do I want to use it as an accent? No! I want to be blinded by its sparkle! Not lost between ceramic slabs. I want it to sparkle and shine as if Cher and Liza Minelli were wrestling on my countertop and Phylis Diller is refereeing in Bob Mackie gowns! So, what I am getting at is, can someone brace me for what this will cost? Is there a cheaper knock-off? Does anyone want to buy my antique engagement ring, white gold 1&1/4ct, d color, vss1 clarity, will trade for tile? ( And no, I cant post a pic of how great it looks with my Diletto granite. We got back from vaca and I can't find my stinking camera.) Someone please tell me Costco carries a doppleganger so I don't have to resort to something unsavory.

~ the pouting ptamom

Here is a link that might be useful: This isnt the right color ....

Comments (27)