SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Feel like crying...pendants too small

redroze
15 years ago

Many of you know that I debated back and forth about buying these pricey antique reproduction pendants...custom done so I didn't have the option of "trying them out" to see how they looked in our house. Well we picked them up today, and although they aren't up yet and hubby just kind of held them up...he said they look too small!! Our island is 3'x8' and the pendants are 10" in diameter, 27" long. Hubby is photo-shopping them right now to see how they look so I'll post a pic. They looked great when he first held them up but now I'm feeling doubtful...

Another person on the forum (Jen) has similar lights are her island is shorter, and her pendant diameter is I believe 14".

This is the one thing I went on by instinct and didn't consult with the designer on size. I researched and couldn't find specifics on how big a pendant should be above an island...all I could find was "it depends" and "do the balloon trick". When I went to the store I fell in love with these lights, and the small looked too small and the large was too large (and slightly different details) so the medium looked just right.

Oh no...maybe I made a horrible and expensive mistake. I feel horrible.

Comments (43)