SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sfdc

Carrara Marble Peninsula w/ Silver Quartzite Perimeter Counter?

sfdc
13 years ago

We're redoing our kitchen and putting in a large Carrara marble peninsula. We'd like to use a different material for the back perimeter countertops (a comparatively smaller space). We're thinking about doing a silver quartzite and I'm hoping to get some reactions.

I've seen a lot of photos of Carrara islands paired with other counter surfaces, but usually it's a black (e.g., soapstone, Absolute Black granite, Pietro Cardozo). Would a softer grey like silver quartzite work too or would it not be enough of a contrast and end up looking strange?

Silver quartzite is a natural stone (not the same as manmade quartz) that is light grey in color, somewhat like concrete. It has some movement, but is fairly consistent in tone for a natural stone. Here's an image (not the actual piece we would be getting): http://pictures.hgstones.com/images/Silver%20quartzite%20hg553.jpg

Right now our second choice option is a darker grey Ceasarstone that is closer in tone to the soapstone look.

For what it's worth, the cabinets are white and the appliances are stainless. We haven't yet decided on a backsplash.

And if anyone has photos of Carrara paired with a non-dark surface, I would love to see them. Thanks!

Comments (9)