SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

What rug material would you get and why?

crl_
11 years ago

I will be shopping soon for a living room rug. I am sure I will be coming here for help with size and style, but for the moment, I am wondering what kind of material I should be considering.

This rug would be to go over hardwood floors in the living room. There is no family room, play room, den or other public room for sitting and playing in this house. We have a two and a half year old girl (who is not yet potty-trained so that's coming up soon)l, a nine year old boy and a nearly two year old Golden Retriever. All of whom are prone to coming inside filthy and spreading dirt before I can stop them. And some of them are also prone to spilling milk, etc.

So, I am thinking this is not the stage of life to invest in a good quality wool rug. Much as I prefer buying durable items for long-wear, I just think we might not be quite there yet. Instead I was thinking an indoor outdoor type rug made from olefin? Dh has suggested we consider Flor tiles, which I am willing to do, although I tend to think of them more in more modern style rooms and ours will lean more traditional.

What do you think? And why? If you have sources to suggest for whatever kind of rug you recommend, please feel free to suggest them.

Thank you so much!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting