SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Question on sofa brands

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I've had a slipcovered sectional sofa in my Pottery Barn shopping cart (color: denim, cost $2300 plus tax and delivery) for a week or so, and decided to stop by Local Furniture Store just to see what they had. Local Furniture Store tells me that PB sofas are made by New Dimensions, she can get the PB/ND sofa, and her price is $1600-1800 (depending on size and fabric). She also shows me two other sofa brands that make slipcovered sofas: Pacer and Rowe. The Rowe co has an amazingly wide selection of fabrics that I like (Pacer, less so), cost $2600 or so. Local Furniture Store runs we-pay-sales-tax, 5% off if paid by cash/check, free-delivery sales every so often, so even the $2600 sofa is comparable to the $2300 PB sofa. She says both competitors are equal to or better quality than ND/PB.

I know nothing about sofa brands. They all feel comfy when I sit there for 5 minutes. I do know that I'm looking to replace my POS Macy's sofa with something sturdy enough to stand up to daily use by couch potato boys, that of course I'd prefer to spend less money instead of more money, and I like sturdy cotton slipcover fabrics.

Is she telling the truth about PB = ND? And your comments on the other brands?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH