SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
analysisparalysis

Help? Cannot tell the difference in these Ticor sinks...

analysisparalysis
13 years ago

I've been planning on a Ticor apron sink for the new kitchen - and after much reading, I think I'm leaning toward a single bowl, even though I've always had a double...but that's not my question. I have found great prices on Overstock.com, and I swear two of the sinks available for purchase are pretty much the same - I can't tell what is different between the two. Can anyone help me? Here are the links:

Ticor S4403BG - 33" single undermount - but this one doesn't have the "extras" other than a standard strainer and the installation/mounting brackets: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ticor-Farm-Apron-Undermount-Kitchen-Sink-Stainless-Steel-16-gauge/4071277/product.html

Ticor S4403 (note the lack of "BG" - don't know what that stands for!) - 33" single undermount - but this one has the brackets PLUS a deluxe strainer, whatever that is, and a sink grid with rubber feet, and a "sample size" of Barkeeper's friend, and some other stuff...and it is $4 less than the one that doesn't have all that stuff. Huh???????? The only thing I can see is some comment that leads me to think the top rim is not "brushed" like the rest of the sink - and yet the Ticor manual specifically says that the S4403 has a brushed finish on all surfaces (rim, bowl, apron). The link - http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ticor-Stainless-Steel-Apron-Single-Undermount-Kitchen-Sink/5109937/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

What am I missing? Is it the finish that causes the difference? That might matter, as I'm planning to mount this "flush" with the copper countertop (well, maybe just slightly lower, but mostly flush), and if the top is different that the rest of the sink, that will look silly. I realize a copper apron sink would look best, but that is NOT within my budget.

Does anyone have any good idea as to what is going on with these sinks, or how I can find out more? Maybe I should just call Ticor, huh?

Thanks!

Comments (3)