SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackchamois

Someone please talk some sense into me!

blackchamois
11 years ago

I know I am agonizing WAY too much over picking the right white for my trim work.

As I mentioned in my post to Breezygirl, I will have white cabs in my kitchen, but it's just a white that the cabinet guy uses, I don't even know if it has a name. It is a fairly clean white, and I would say the closest BM match is Super White. However I don't necessarily want to match the trim to the kitchen cabs, but also don't want something that looks drastically different to the point of looking like it clashes or really "off".

I don't have the wall paint selected for kitchen, dining, living rooms. I am waiting until my floors and cabs go in before picking the counter, which will then dictate the direction for the paint colors in these spaces.

I've done 8x11 sample boards of Decorator White, Snowfall White, White Dove and Simply White. Pretty much ruled out Dec White and Snowfall. Again, my walls aren't painted (only primer at this point) so nothing really to match to, and since this is just for trim, interior doors, and fireplace I'm not sure how much I need to consider the lighting, as it varies from room to room.

Do I just close my eyes and pick White Dove or Simply White? Does it REALLY matter?

Help! I need to get the paint in the morning so the contractors can continue :(

Comments (10)