SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turtlemeng

Help--can't match, I'm color blind.

turtlemeng
13 years ago

OK, I lied, I didn't mean literally. DH is watching PGA and going nuts. He never gives any input until the last minute. So, let me explain

(1) my door (cabinets not here yet) is "cinnamon hawthorn maple", as shown, kind of a warm not too dark color

(2) I plan to use that porcelain tile that has a semi-travertine look for the floor

(3) my countertop is Ceasarstone "Dusty Stones" (http://www.caesarstoneus.com/catalog/product.cfm?ProductID=132), the reason I only have a little square from the brochure is that my counterperson actually lent out his sample, so I had to go to home depot with my door and tile in hand. No matter what, I really like the look of this countertop, it's a deep gray, but it does not look like granite.

(4)So, the question is, since DH at the last SECOND says "we've got to have some contrast", (backsplash and entire area behind range is same countertop material), I am thinking about painting the area above backsplash a light green, as shown, and the rest of kitchen even lighter green, I have a rather large kitchen, don't want it to be too green (there's no such thing these days, huh).

Ideas? Let me try posting the pics.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!