SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marc_johnson9001805

Another quartz seam question - want input

Marc Johnson
9 years ago

We're in the homestretch ... counters done, backsplash done ... last things to do are plumbing & knobs (and a bunch of little odds and ends).

I'm absolutely loving this countertop - we totally nailed it for look, color, and scale (if I do say so myself!), BUT, I'm planning on talking with the countertop folks tomorrow to resolve a few things, and I wanted to get input from the collective expertise here.

Left: the edge where top meets waterfall. I'm seeing a 1/2" line and it definitely "feels" rough, plus there is a little chippage where the mitered edge meets. I'm hoping they can add a little more epoxy and sand/buff it out a little more?

MIddle & Right: the seam. I'm not happy with the edge facing out - there's a noticeable gap towards the bottom (dark line) and I want that filled. The seam along the top is a little more noticeable than I was hoping for, but definitely not as bad as some I've seen. What I'm having a problem with is the roughness - when you run your hands over the counter, you feel a rough line where the seam is. Is that something that can be buffed/polished a little better?

I'll put "the big picture" in the next post so you can see how it all is coming together :)

Thanks in advance (especially Treb if you're watching!) for your input. I don't want to be unreasonable when I call them.

Comments (19)