SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Clever ideas for displaying vintage kitchen towels?

IdaClaire
15 years ago

I've managed to amass a small collection of Mexican-themed kitchen towels, which go perfectly with my decor. Problem is, I've been storing them away because I can't think of an ideal way to display them. I thought about making curtains and/or valances out of them, but I like my current curtains/valances and really don't want to change them. I considered looking for some sort of rack to display them on, but I'm really out of wall space, so wouldn't be able to hang anything like that. The best I can come up with thus far is just to put a basket out on one of the horizontal surfaces (that are already over-crowded, I'm afraid), and stack the towels in that. Of course, they'd have to be folded "just so" in order to showcase the designs in the best way.

I haven't been actually using the towels that I have -- they aren't all that absorbent, and a couple are so old that I'd hesitate to subject them to repeated laundering. Soooooooo ... Just thought I'd see if any of you collect vintage towels too and ask how you display them, or if anyone just has a clever idea, let's hear it please! :-)

Comments (24)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm