SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froofycat

cow hide rug?

FroofyCat
12 years ago

First, let's imagine that I never have any clutter on the windowsill or keep diet coke cans and laptops just sitting out ;-)

I always wanted a cow hide rug... and when I moved a year ago, I didn't have enough furniture to fill up the new house, or the budget to buy exactly what I wanted. So, I did the entire room at Ikea for about $1000!

But, I just got my new coffee table from Pottery Barn (I always wanted a glass coffee table, and this is as pricey as I'm willing to go, I'm happy with it, but just now realizing keeping glass clean will be a chore) and now the cheap Ikea hide is looking pretty lame. It's 95% black with just a tad bit of white. I had a large, old, wooden trunk as my coffee table prior and it covered the hide up.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

So now I'm contemplating a more expensive hide with more black and white speckle. And replace the white rag rugs under it with jute or something natural. Overall, the room has a black/white theme.

But I am open to completely different suggestions. Although, being frugal, I'm not likely to buy a rug much more than $600-800.

Also, I have fabric for throw pillows for the white chairs, but I haven't gotten them made yet. The floral pattern and color blue in the fish actually go very well together in person, and the fish ties in with other pieces of art we have, so I was going to crop just a few of the larger fish for the front of a pillow maybe about 10 inches square.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I am going to have a cushion made with this table cloth for a black bench in the adjacent hallway:

{{!gwi}}

Also, it was my goal to replace the Ikea Poang chairs with something else, but they are so dang comfortable dh and I don't want to part with them! Any awesome chair suggestions, preferable black, are welcomed.

Comments (7)