SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

Results and Some Questions: Great Room

polkadots
15 years ago

Hi Everyone. I got a lot of great input from you guys about 6-9 months ago. I then took a break from the site as I was spending too much time on the computer! I've been lurking and posting a little and wanted to show you what I did with my great room. Thanks to many of you for your help with ideas for room rearranging and drapes. All in all I am happy with the room although I know I'll never be 100% satisfied because the architecture of the room just doesn't lend itself to the cozy, warm feeling I am really wanting. Oh well. It doesn't photograph that well either, so I actually think it looks a little better in person.

I do have a couple of questions...

1. I'm thinking about possibly adding another pillow to the sofa. The fabric in the middle is not a pillow yet. Do you like that shape of a pillow, or should I go with one smaller square to use in front of one of the other pillows that are on the sides?

2. In a perfect world, I need either a larger coffee table or a rug to help anchor the main seating area. That is not in the budget right now. I'd like to put something on the coffee table in the hope that might help. Any suggestions? In the long run, what kind of coffee table or rug would you suggest?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Before:

After:

Comments (22)