SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacuisine_gw

Silestone saga- buyer beware

lacuisine
15 years ago

Okay, guys, some of you know that 2 weeks ago my Silestone quartz counters were supposed to be installed. The installer called that morning to say that one side was scratched, and they were going to send them back because the scratch is too noticeable. I told the installers to check, recheck, and recheck the new slabs before delivering them. Then, one week later, they sent me the new pieces, and guess what? Nobody noticed that the radiuses were wrong, one rounded corner, 2 square. And there was a chip on one edge. Luckily, the sink side was the one that had the correct (rounded ) corner, and we were able to get that one installed so my plumber could come. (yeah! Running water!)

My 2 other pieces were supposed to be installed today. Well, they called me this morning to say that they have to cancel because one of their installers is sick. I told them that i dont care if they come in the middle of the night, they have 24 hours to get this done. So, at 5 pm today, my "new " slabs arrived, and they are the wrong measurements. The piece behind the stove is too short, and the other side (where my appliance garage should have gone 2 weeks ago!) is not deep enough, so there is almost no overhang over the cabinets!

Right now they are upstairs furiously measuring and remeasuring. I just don't know what to do anymore! Silestone corporate HQ is getting a big fat phone call from me tomorrow. This is just insane.

any advice is welcome!

thanks,

LC

Comments (7)