SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangea_luvr

Range hoods & car keys ...

hydrangea_luvr
13 years ago

So, once I get a few things nailed down, then I start obsessing over the next steps.

At this point, we are doing custom cherry shaker cupboards with soapstone countertops and a lighter laminate flooring (thanks everyone for flooring suggestions on previous posts).

I'm planning on getting an induction slide-in range that will fit in my peninsula, which means I'm now struggling with what to do to vent it. Pop-ups seem to not get very good views. We are knocking out a wall into our dining room which is where the peninsula will be. No upper cabinets. I don't really want to obstruct the view a whole bunch with a modern looking island hood, which doesn't go with my older house. Has anyone had someone custom build a vent? Pics, ideas?

Keys - so currently we have cup hooks just inside the door where we hang keys. Very handy, and sure helps my disorganized self at least find one thing I need in the a.m. as I rush out the door late for work. But the cuphooks, need to go away. Anyone have nifty key storage ideas?

Comments (15)