SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Need Confirmation on my color choices!! PLEASE!!

tinker_2006
12 years ago

I struggle so much making decisions! I really need feedback.

** Cabinets, picking the white paint color has been by far the hardest! Everyone raved about BM White Dove, and I bought a can of the enamel, and liked it - but as the weeks went by, I found the color just way too yellow. I think I bought about 4 more colors, and just couldn't get that "yes" this is the one feeling! Long story short... as I stared at the paint and the chips, I realized that the BM White Dove on my trim didn't look at all like the chip! So, maybe it was mixed wrong, or the oil rapidly turned yellow... but I went and bought a gallon in the Aura, and it looks white, no yellow. (hope it doesn't look too white!)

** Next.. the wall color. At started with a green, and didn't care for it (but love green in general) switched to a yellow... another hard color to pick! I've tried SW's Lantern (too orange) BM candlelight (too bright yellow) BM Windham Cream.. I like it a lot... but maybe a tad to much color, so now I have BM Fresh Air on the walls. It's really a nice creamy yellow, but maybe a tad too light! ? I'm driving myself crazy!

I hope some of you paint experts can chime in. I just put a deposit on my soapstone counters... pictures below!

BM - Fresh Air on Walls

BM - White Dove Trim

Barocca Soapstone

From Sunrise - work in progress
{{!gwi}}From Sunrise - work in progress

Comments (12)