SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doonie_gw

Cheerful Sunny Kitchen with Old World & Traditional influences

doonie
13 years ago

I am finally posting my kitchen. We started in mid February and are just now finishing in August. Our location has been ideal for us and we intend on staying here in our "forever" home. We had already addressed the builder grade baths last year. Due to my GC's great work, I was inspired to transform my dark little kitchen into my dream kitchen. My kitchen was only 10 years old, but we figured we'd rather reno now and get 20 more years pleasure out of it.

I found gardenweb last fall and it has been a tremendous resource! Although I haven't asked a ton of questions, I have gotten all sorts of inspiration and information from all the wonderful posters. So, I want to give back a little by posting my kitchen.

The old kitchen was bound by the house and the only windows were at the far end by bay window eating area. There were lots of inconveniences topped by a poor layout that made it irksome to cook in. We had a small deep shelved pantry closet where things would get tumbled, jumbled and lost, so a large walkin pantry was high on my wish list.

This is a little of my old kitchen...

{{gwi:1554064}}

The only way to expand our 13' 9" wide kitchen was to elongate it. Well that would have made it really long and narrow and would not have improved the lack of natural light. That's when I came across Elizpiz's kitchen and her vault, the more I chewed on it, offered a great solution to bringing more natural light in. Of course there were other gorgeous kitchens that also helped my vision!

I wanted a sunny cheerful kitchen for my family. So, hopefully I have achieved this. (I still need to put some art on the walls, but that is taking time...)

THE DETAILS:

CabinetryPlain & Fancy vintage beaded inset, perimeter is wheat stain on cherry (low sheen) and the island is natural maple with a distressed chocolate glaze

Knobs & Pulls  Tob Knobs

Paint- Walls-BM Windham Cream & Trim-BM Linen White

Kitchen CountersÂSilestone Quartz Yellow Nile in leather finish semi bullnose edge 3 cm

Island CounterÂLeathered Antique Brown semi bullnose edge

Door and Drawer PullsÂTop Knobs, Square Pulls, Polished Chrome; ordered off the internet

Main SinkÂBlanco Café Brown undermount Performa Equal bowl (33 by 20 and 10 inches deep)

Soap Dispensors  Grohe Deluxe ORB 15 oz capacity

Island SinkÂBlanco Café Brown undermount Precis Large Bowl (20 ¾ by 18)

Faucets  Grohe Bridgeford Dual Spray Pulldown in ORB

RefrigeratorÂGE Monogram 48" side by side built in (fresh food 17.56 cu ft & freezer 12.3 cu ft)

DishwasherÂAsko fully integrated (D5233XXLFI)

Microwave DrawerÂSharp 24"

Wall Ovens  GE Monogram 30" Professional Electric Convection Double Wall Ovens

Hood Kitchen Aid insert

Rangetop  Wolf gas six sealed burners

BacksplashÂBrittany & Coggs Decorative tiles with Winchester Field Tile (maize & peridot colors)

Grout  Custom Sanded Antique White

Flooring-Florida Tile Chiseled Edge Travertine in Modular pattern & Picasso Color

Kitchen Rugs  Paradise Indoor/Outdoor Polypropylene rugs for the sink & oven area

Island Pendants LBL lighting Ruffle in Latte with ORB

Breakfast Table Pendant Niermann Weeks 12 light Italian Chandelier in Venetian Silver Leaf finish

Air Switches for Insinkerator Disposals both sinks in ORB

Undercabinet lighting LED

Plugmold undercabinet

Kitchen Table  from Antique Tables Made Daily. Irish immigrant table in lightly distressed handplaned maple finish with extra thick top

Chairs  Shaker Windsor chairs in black from Antique Tables Made Daily, desk chair Pottery Barn Andros Bistro Chair with red cushion.

Desk Chair  Pottery Barn Andros Bistro Chair with Cherry Red Cushion

Speakers- Moderno

TV- Samsung 46" 1080p LED TV

{{gwi:1939969}}

{{gwi:1939970}}

{{gwi:1939971}}

{{gwi:1939972}}

{{gwi:1934455}}

{{gwi:1939973}}

{{gwi:1939974}}

{{gwi:1620787}}

{{gwi:1939975}}