SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginanderson

choosing cabinet & back splash colors

GinAnderson
9 years ago

I am at my wits end. Who would have thought painting your kitchen cabinets white would be so difficult?! We are going to paint our maple cabinets because they have yellowed so badly. We never did a back splash (14yrs ago). At that time we thought we wanted some kind of tumbled marble. Now, I want just a simple white semi-gloss subway tile and my husband would like travertine. I've been trying to find white colors for both cabs and back splash that doesn't clash but go with our current granite (giallo veneziano), (which has a lot of pink/beige that I would liked to downplay and our med. red cherry floors.) I keep reading about undertones, undertones, undertones. I can see undertones in some things, but not others. Our current color scheme is green, tan and burgundy. I know these are warm colors. We have white trim, but it's too bright for the cabinets. The granite also has a lot of browns and gray in it, so I've begun to think about taupes. I'm so confused by colors that are ivories, antique, cream, etc, ect. Please help me with good white color combinations that don't clash or make one look dingy or pinky. I'll try to upload some pics, if I can figure out how to do it. I apologize for the length of this post.

Comments (7)