SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alwaysfixin_gw

Ikea Dinnerware and/or Flatware Anyone?

alwaysfixin
13 years ago

Thinking of getting Ikea dinnerware and/or flatware for the new kitchen. The budget is not big, and I am assuming the prices at Ikea would be good. It's hard to tell what they look and feel like from the website. Before we make the longish trip to the store, I was hoping for some feedback/advice from the Kitchens Forum. Likes, Dislikes? Are certain Ikea dinnerware and flatware lines better than others? Our objectives are: durable, simple, go well with our mid-century house and our new kitchen that is a transitional look (neither modern nor traditional). Dishes will be white. Most of all, the dishes must be DURABLE, resistant to chipping and microwavable.

My pet peeve is square dishes. I just don't like them (apologies to those who have them and love them). So, round, white, durable, microwavable. Also, some of the lower-priced flatware I've seen unfortunately reminds me of the flatware from my high school cafeteria (remember, the spoons with the bendy handles, and those forks with the crooked tines?). I so hope the Ikea ones aren't like that. So, an added plus would be if the dinnerware and flatware were good to look at! Thanks.

Comments (30)