SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_189791

Budget bathroom redo question

User
12 years ago

I am in the planning/thinking stages of doing a budget renovation of my master bathroom. I thought we would start very soon, but we unexpectantly had to buy a car this past weekend, so it might be delayed.

So, to make myself feel better about the delay, thought I would solicit opinions. I know I could post on the bathroom forum, but I thought I'd start here since I *know* you all better!

Here is my plan --

Keep jacuzzi tub

Keep vanity - I don't love it but it's in good shape, solid wood, so I will paint it probably a very dark brown

The shower has to be ripped out and completely rebuilt (leaks, tiles falling off, yuck).

Replace all tile (shower, floor, around tub)

Replace counter (granite or quartz, something in the white family)

Replace sink

Replace toilet

All the fixtures now (tub, sink, toilet) are almond. I don't like almond. When replacing toilet and sink, I would like to get white since that's what I prefer and that's what will go with my planned dark brown vanity and white-ish counter. The plan would be to find a white/cream stone look tile for the shower, floor and tub surround.

Would that work, or will it just look weird to have the almond tub with the other white fixtures? Replacing the tub is not going to be in the budget. Should I just get almond sink and toilet even though I don't like them? Can you even buy almond fixtures anymore? I never see them in pictures of bathrooms. Or do you think I can make the almond tub and white toilet/sink work?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022