SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_houser

Bathroom Vanity re-do, Advice needed.

15 years ago

My house was built in 1984 and the bathroom vanity was made of faux marble laminate of some type:

{{!gwi}}

I needed to do something to make it a little more modern, especially because buying a new vanity is not in the budget yet. So I painted the vanity base:

{{!gwi}}

My question is this: Should I paint the vanity top, excluding the sink? I can paint it black or white or a solid tan. I won't try to paint the sink, simply because I don't know how I'd get in there and sand the sink without doing permanent damage.

The bathroom walls are a Glidden "Moonglow" color, with peachy/pink tiles in the shower and on the baseboard. I have a white metal over the toilet shelf rack for towels, etc. and the toilet itself is the same peachy/pink as the shower tiles. I guess the builder liked everything to match.

This is a tiny bathroom, 8x4 with a walk-in tiled shower, and it's off the master bedroom, which is painted sea blue. My shower curtain has all of the above-mentioned colors in it, so it will go with any combination I come up with.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor