SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

Now, can I mix non-black granite and white marble counters?

three_daisies
14 years ago

So I love black granite and would be willing to put up with it even though my MIL thinks I'm a crazy lady for even considering it (see my other post). The bad news is that somehow, unconsciously...my DH says now he doesn't care for black counters, so there goes my idea of a "classic" kitchen, if I were to honor his preferences (he MUST be listening to his mom). :: Hmmm!

Anyway - I really want to work with what my DH likes (and I am not dead set on black), so...could I put something like a Delicato antico, Blanco Romano or Colonial Gold granite (not too light but not too dark, and not too wild) on the perimeter AND have carrara Marble on the island?

I guess I'm a bit fearful of all that granite and pattern all over the kitchen. What if I get tired of it???...I love marble and would consider it for the perimeter as well - but marble probably isn't practical for my house full of 3 kids and a messy DH.

I'll have warm white shaker-style cabinets, SS appliances, honey oak floor, and a white subway tile backsplash. I could have the island base painted a different color - but clearly that would depend on the choice of granite.

Would a non-black and patterned granite compete with the marble or just look not quite right somehow? Too much going on??

Comments (12)