SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Back Splash

kylady7
10 years ago

I would like some ideas on a back splash for Venetian Ice Granite (creams /taupe's/ chocolate and black) there are several variations in this but the one i have selected is a light creamy one instead of a gold one.
I will be getting Antique White (very creamy) Cabinets with oil bronze hardware and faucet.
I was thinking of a glass/stone back splash (Arcadia Juniper) just behind the stove the microwave is above it so not much space between the two for the tile to show, so I was also thinking of putting it under the 15inch cabinets above either side of the stove. The colors of the glass back splash is creams, chocolates touches of black and a little steel....looks good with the venetian Ice...but wonder if it's too much? The rest of the back splash I was thinking of using bead board painted chocolate. My other choice was to go with a chocolate and cream glass tile at Lowes (Item #: 291274) But after reading a lot about different back splashes and not competing with granite that has a lot of pattern I am wondering if i should just go with a solid color stone or brick that blends with the cabinets and granite? Any advise or ideas would be appreciated. I also need help with flooring. I do not want to do wood flooring, although I know this is extremely popular, neither do I want to do any hard surface such as ceramic, travertine, porcelain or slate. I have had two back surgeries and cannot stand on hard surfaces for any length of time. I am thinking of a floating laminate tile that looks like slate or random bricks and can be grouted if so desired, but doesn't have to be. Does anyone have an opinion on this or have used anything similar? Also wonder since the cabinets are a creamy antique white...should I go with a creamy floor color or perhaps a light chocolate slate color?
For now my appliances are black but will be getting stainless at a later time.
Thanks for any help or advise....

Comments (8)