SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

What do you think of this RED carpet?

amysrq
15 years ago

I have been looking at carpets for my breakfast room to help balance the new red bookcases. Red rugs are sooo red. And the bookcases are so red, too. So, I got this e-mail this am for the Flor Outlet and found this on sale. It says it is a warm red but that might not matter so much. I believe the eye fools to see what it wants to see, within reason. It is not returnable.

{{!gwi}}

It combines the red and brown (kitchen cab color) and is less too-much than a solid red like this:

{{!gwi}}

What I am really attracted to is this:

{{!gwi}}

But I am a bit afraid! And it is much more expensive. In the past, I have been freer with the spending, but lately I just want to get it right the first time and not waste money on mistakes or interim solutions. The economic crisis and private school tuition are seriously cramping my decorating style.

Here's a pic of the room, and another showing the new bookcases and sofa for those of you who haven't seen it a zillion times before. ;-) Please ignore the messes...we still don't know where everything goes.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Generally, I like the idea of Flor because is is cleanable, recyclable and portable. If something doesn't work for the breakfast room, I can pull it up and move it somewhere else to use -- maybe as a runner on the kitchen or upstairs hallway. The flexibility appeals to my fear of commitment! ;-) Any thoughts?

Comments (31)