SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_smallhome

I'm thinking about this piece. What do you think?

organic_smallhome
16 years ago

See link in next posting. :)

Comments (18)

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chest of Drawers

• oceanna
    16 years ago

It could be perfect and how can you miss at that price? Where are you thinking of putting it?

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In the guest room. There's no chest of drawers there now. The bed is a dark grey steel. Here's a pic (thinking of changing the bedskirt):

{{!gwi}}

The nightstand has been changed, however, and it is now this:

{{!gwi}}

Rest of the room (clockwise):

(Yes, that's a window unit--it's pretty common in N.E., because we need AC so infrequently):

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

(desk looks nicer in pic than in real life--get rid of it?)

{{!gwi}}

My concern would be whether it would be okay to have a white dresser in that room, or if it would look funny?

• Karen_sl
    16 years ago

Run, girl run...pretty dresser. Get it in there and then decide on the desk. I love it..Karen L

• les917
    16 years ago

I don't know, but I think it is probably just the run of the mill white provincial style bedroom furniture that everyone had in the 60's. It is fine for the price, but I honestly don't think it has enough character for your cozy room.

If you are in desperate need of a dresser, then go for it. If not, I say pass, put the money in a 'saving for a dresser' jar, and keep looking.

• kim2007
    16 years ago

For $18. you can't go wrong, and it's pretty.

Those folding bookshelves come in pretty handy--I've got a number of them. I got them years ago through the original catalog-only Barnes & Noble, which I was told has nothing to do with the stores.
    And it looks as if your kitty may have made an escape ; )

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

karen: I like it, too. I'm beginning to think, though, that it's probably just not right for the room. *sigh*

les: No, I'm not desperate. Yeah, I should probably keep looking--for something more in keeping with the nightstand (which I love).

kim: See above. About the kitty: lol--that's actually "her" room. Not to worry--she was probably just out for a stroll the day I took those photos. :)

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

Love that nightstand. I think I would want a chest similar
    to that.

I had to smile when I saw the climber under the window.
    My two cats and the dog have a table with a big pillow on it in the LR window no less !

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

I'd stay with the charming and cozy character of the room, too. Very nice :)

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Why do you want to change the bedskirt? It's a bit orange down there, but I think bringing a bit of that up into a small decorative pillow would work nicely. Maybe a small orange dish on the night table, too.

• oceanna
    16 years ago

I'm thinking it's not right for that room, sorry. I agree with the others that something more like your pretty bedside table would be better.

• mitchdesj
    16 years ago

well, I also have to chime in and say "pass", move away from that listing, lol...

the bedside table is gorgeous, btw......

• kgwlisa
    16 years ago

Add me to the list who thinks you can do better. Don't be blinded by the price. :)

• anele_gw
    16 years ago

I like the dresser, but not for that room.

• chelone
    16 years ago

Man, I LOVE that you covered the shoe rack with carpet... ;)

I like the rug in the first shot, and the small table. I'd keep the $18 in my pocket and look for a chest of drawers more in keeping with the empire style of the little side table.

JMO

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, they never answered my email, anyway, so I guess they sold it. :)

chelone: Yeah, pretty crafty of me, wouldn't you say??? TOTALLY in keeping with the "style" of the room. :)

• lnmca
    16 years ago

FYI: That was a dresser from the Sears furniture that lots of folks on this forum had. I remember some threads on it. Someone (reno_fan?)was redoing her daughter's bedroom and found a set and repainted it and changed the knobs. I had it as a teenager for bedroom furniture.

Maybe that's why you were drawn to it! You subconciously recognized it. :)

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

See link in next posting. :)

When making a 1st post with a link, it's actually easier then you think.. for those that don't know

Type up your post, then hit the "Preview" button, once you have the preview, scroll down a little, you will see your post again, this time with the Optional Link URL: & Name of the Link:

You can also go to the link below.. look under links

Here is a link that might be useful: HTML Cheatsheet and learn now to make links in the 1st post