SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colorfast

Inspecting my Blanco Silgranit Sink

colorfast
12 years ago

Hi, I have just received my Blanco Silgranit Sink from UPS via Faucet Depot. I was very disappointed with the packing. Details on the shipping after I discuss my sink.

We have inspected with a light. The interior looks perfect. I found one little scratch on the underneath side of the sink. I am not sure when a scratch becomes a hairline crack. We think it is just a scratch. And of course the underneath side is rough all over and hard to really see a crack. Since I have the anthracite, black, photos are not really doing it. I will keep trying on the photos. What are all of your thoughts?

Shipping details: There was only one piece of clear shipping tape on each of the long seams. One of those sides was nearly all the way open. It had about 5 inches left to go before the box would have split open entirely. The UPS guy said that was an irresponsible packaging, with something that big, they ought to do two strips of it along a major seam. We had to agree!

Even on the top side, you could slide your hand clear in the box; I also think they should tape along the four shorter seams. So we had to open it upside down since it was nearly open anyway. The box was the original one from Blanco and it had styrofoam with the plastic banding framing the sink itself.

The crazy thing is that they packaged the sink drain really, really well (it came yesterday).

Comments (17)