SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clumsycook_gw

Help with selecting cabinet hardware

clumsycook
12 years ago

I am in the process of completing a new construction home and need to make some decisions about cabinet hardware. So far, I have purchased the following: matte black door hardware throughout the home, medium brown cabinets for kitchen, laundry room, half bath, master bath, bonus room bar and living room built-ins, white cabinets for daughter's bath and bedroom windowseat with built-in surrounds.

Exta information:

Kitchen: stainless steel appliances, recessed lights and a collection of tiffany lighting(stained glass) fixtures with dark bronze/black finishes, stainless steel sink with brushed nickel faucet.

Bathrooms: black vanity lights and brushed/satin nickel faucets, brushed nickel towel rings, tissue holders, etc...

Bonus room bar: stainless steel sink with a chrome faucet and hand blown multi-colored glass pendant with brushed nickel trim, white appliances

Laundry room: white sink with chrome faucet

I am torn as to the color of cabinet hardware to choose. I would love to hear comments and suggestions. I was thinking about the following:

1) Black hardware for the kitchen and living room built-ins (these rooms are semi-open)

2) Brushed nickel for the bathrooms

3) Chrome for the laundry room

4) Black or crystal knobs for the window seat built-in

5) ???? for bonus room bar.

I can't return any of the products I already have, so I must work with them. Keep this in mind when making suggestions. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Comments (3)