SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeylargo_gw

Which cabinet line - I can get it at dealer cost :)

skeylargo
10 years ago

So, I have a friend/associate that I can get kitchen cabinets from at dealer cost. I started the design for my kitchen using his software and when I'm done he will check it for me to make sure that it all makes sense. My kitchen is small and pretty simple so not too many places I could make a mistake anyway -(roughly 9X10, about 15 cabs total). I do have a kitchen installer and will be my own GC so there should not be any conflicts with cabinet guy.

I am pretty sure I want cherry cabinets with medium-dark stain with glaze, framed with full overlay, traditional style doors. Don't have really unusual spaces, maybe just couple custom sizes might help but can make it with standard. I would like easy reach wall cab but not a deal breaker, I could put up with a blind corner (do not like diagonal corner cabs).
However, I can not decide what cabinet line I want to get (and design my kitchen with). I started to design with Armstrong cabinets to keep the cost down but now that I know I can get them at cost I was thinking that maybe I should go with better cabinets?
He carries (besides Chinese stuff) Armstrong, Jim Bishop, Kemper, Timberlake, Decora, Canyon Creek (might be too expensive). He's been selling mostly Armstrong and he likes them for price relative to quality and because their cherry is well matched. I got couple sample doors from JimBishop and I wasn't crazy about them and just don't have a good feeling about them. I was leaning towards Decora lately but he was thinking that I will end up paying for a lot more than needed since I don't need much customization. He also said he just had reps come in from Marsh Furniture and from Debut and he thought they looked good and he could get it for me if I wanted - don't know anything about them and I don;t think he has a lot of knowledge on them either.
So I feel like now I have too many choices and getting myself more and more confused :(
How do I decide on a cabinet line??? Please help ....

Comments (9)