SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makeithome_gw

Dining Room Table Update - where to go from here?

makeithome
13 years ago

So our new table arrived on Wednesday... the one that I proclaimed my love for, shortly after posing the question "How do I know if I really love something?", lol. The table is even more beautiful than I could have hoped, and it feels so sturdy and well made, I can't help but feel that it will be around for a very long time. We removed both leaves because it was just SO big with them (great for entertaining), and with the 6 chairs I think the scale is perfect.

Hubby and I still can't decide on a paint shade. I am still thinking beige thanks to this beautiful inspiration picture of mine (though it is a room MUCH larger than ours, lol):

My plan is to create a similar look with picture frame moldings. I have also been eying these curtains and this chandelier for the space (though the chandy is a bit pricey for us considering our budget... I may need to try to find a cheaper fixture with a similar look):

Very torn on how to choose a rug. I have found rugs that I like, but mixing patterns scares the heck out of me. With paisley curtains, I can't imagine what type of rug would work in this space. But, we need a rug ASAP because the chairs on the wood floor aren't really the best thing.

What do you all think? Where should we go from here? Is beige boring? Is a patterned rug impossible with those curtains? Should the rug be a lighter color or a darker one? Will the picture frame moldings look good or will they make our dining room look too trendy? (since I feel like most new construction homes these days have those types of moldings in the dining room). I am looking for honest opinions.

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!