SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliegreenusa

Dining chair suggestions to go with new dining table

Julie Green
6 years ago

I am updating a "new" second home in Santa Fe, NM and am decorating in a soft contemporary theme. I have chosen a slightly white washed brown/gray wood floor to replace the Saultio tile. The ceilings are natural warm wood color in fir with beams. The living dining space is quite large.

I have a Restoration Hardware table on order in Reclaimed Natural Oak Plank style. I have been searching for the right dining chairs and I'm thinking a dark charcoal fabric chair could work. The dining table will be right next to the living area where there will be a off white soft leather sectional sofa.

One requirement is that the fabric be fade resistant and a lot of afternoon sun pours into this area. I liked the Mid Century chair from West Elm in charcoal(salt and pepper tweed)

but it says specifically to not place in direct sunlight because of fading. I also like the Cora Chair above from Room and Board and they offer some fade resistant fabrics for $399 and up, but I would like to not spend this much per chair if possible. Does anyone have suggestions for a chair that they know is descent quality? I welcome your ideas. Julie

Comments (6)