SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

black and white toile needs freshening

bbstx
10 years ago

Although I would love to throw out everything I own and start from scratch in the new house, that simply isn't going to happen. There will be lots of new things but for the guest room, I'm keeping the black and white toile bedding.

Currently, the set up is a black and off-white toile comforter (which I never use, preferring the look of an off-white coverlet), black and white toile pillow shams trimmed in large black and white check, and a black and white large check bedskirt. The headboard is upholstered in black with embroidered gold bees. There is a Victorian balloon back chair with the same embroidered fabric on the seat.

I would like to freshen up the look by changing the headboard upholstery and perhaps having the chair reupholstered or slipcovering the seat.

For paint, I'm sort of taken with Benjamin Moore's Organdy, described as a greyed-pink. However, I'm not tied to it, so please feel free to make other suggestions.

Other information that might be helpful to know, this guest suite is by itself upstairs so it impacts no other rooms. It has a double window with a northern exposure.

I do not have lamps for this room yet. Suggestions?

Please feel free to toss out ideas you may have to help me make this room look better.

Comments (24)