SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinkateb

What color cabinets with basalt slate counters?

robinkateb
15 years ago

I have lived in my house a little over 2 years and we are slowly making the kitchen more usable. When we moved in the longest counted run was 18 inches and now I have 48. Not bad really. This month we changed out or double sink for a single, gained 6 inches on the 18 run or counter and also replaced the portable dishwasher with a built in (single sink made this possible).

We replaced the counter on that wall with Home Depot's basalt Slate laminate and I love it. The right after we put that in someone here posted pictures of their kitchen with cabinets painted black. I love that look and it would work great for my cabinets which are actually well built, just really ugly. Plus the same ones are often available used around here. The only problem is I don't think black counters and cabinets would look good. However marble etc is not in the budget.

So any ideas on other colors to paint the cabinets or if black on black might work? If anyone could find photos of black counters and cabinets that would be great.

Thanks

Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Skool's black cabinets

Comments (12)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional