SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Can I ask a kitchen aesthetics question over here?

zipdee
16 years ago

I hope you guys don't mind. I asked on the kitchen forum and received one response, which I was very grateful for, I'd like to get more input if possible though. Since you all are very good with balance and symmetry, I thought I'd ask here too. I know that functionality wise, it will be fine. I'm asking about over all looks since of course a kitchen is an investment and you want it to not only function well, but look nice too.

Okay, about a year ago I had a chance to buy a reconditioned vintage stove. It's a 40" Tappan, that has been redone and a safety valve put on. This is not the stove, but an exact match for it. Basically .. I was to lazy to run out to the little house and snap a pic .. it's cold out. *LOL*

{{!gwi}}

Yesterday I had a chance to buy a 48" Independent Bonanza range hood, with a 1200 cfm blower, for a really fabulous price. I really wanted a hood that would 'flatter' the lines of the stove, but I'm on a budget. So when I had a chance to jump on an excellent deal, I did. Now function wise, the over hang of 4" on the side is great, helps funnel the grease and steam right up into the hood. Also with 1200 cfm, it will handle anything this stove will put out and much more. Aesthetically speaking though, of course now that I've bought it *LOL* .. I'm worried. Is this hood going to look like a monster up against my cute little stove?

Here's a picture of the range hood :

{{!gwi}}

What I was thinking of because the hood overlaps the stove 4" on each side, is doing a 4" spice pull out on each side of the stove to make up the difference. This is just an example, it wouldn't be this decorative, I'm using plainer cabinets.

{{!gwi}}

So what do you think guys? Did I make a boo-boo or am I just being neurotic? I know this isn't the kitchen forum, but I'd really appreciate the help! :)

Comments (16)