SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obrionusa

A Relationship Question to ask my friends on here.

obrionusa
14 years ago

My girlfriend had some water damage in her basement from excessive rain, downspouts plugged etc.

Anyhow about 7 sheets of 4x8 drywall was needed to repair. We cut out the old, disposed of and carried down the new drywall. Well I got busy, a little lazy and didn't want to tackle the project. I really don't know that much about doing this type or work anyway. Well 9 months later still not done. I'm not sure if I told her I would do the work originally, but she expected me to. I ran into a friend who was laid off from construction. . The price was right and she told him to do it. Well now I feel guilty that she has to pay for something that she thought I should have done. I told her I would pay half and she says that I don't have to worry about it. I can tell she is a little bitter now that he will be done tomorrow and the bill is due. We have been dating 4 years and we do not live together. The man worked on it 4 days and a total of about 16 hours. He is waiting for mud to dry overnight. What to do? Oh, the bill is $300.00

Comments (25)