SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amyvenditti

Laticrete SpectraLock Pro grout with Calacatta marble?

amyvenditti
12 years ago

Hi,

I've done my kitchen backsplash in 2x2 polished calacatta marble (white with some gray) with some gray & black glass and stone mini mosaic inserts. I have 1/16, 1/8, and 1/4" spaces so I thought I should use epoxy grout instead of sanded or unsanded.

The Spectralock says it's safe for marble but that white marble may soak up the grout through the sides of the tile where it's not polished and create a picture frame effect. I really want to use a dark gray (#42 platinum), but I'm afraid this is going to ruin the marble. Has anyone else used a dark shade of SpectraLock with white marble? Did the marble absorb the grout and have to be replaced?

I can do a sample board with left over pieces, but I'm not sure how long it would take for the picture frame effect to happen, and how long I have before the grout isn't workable. I don't want to use a whole bucket just to do a test board if I don't have to. I heard you can put 1/2 of it in the freezer to extend the working time, but I'm not sure if it would be good for say a day or two (if that was how long it would take for the grout to absorb into the tile).

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH