SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrao77

Wall texture advice please..(long)

mrao77
14 years ago

Hi,

We are in the process of renovating our kitchen and thanks to all the wonderful advice I got from this forum, it is progressing and hopefully will be done soon enough!

We hired a painter to strip wall paper, prime, texture walls and paint them. After discussing at length about all that, he went ahead and started to add texture to the wall paper without even attempting to remove it!!!if I had not been home to notice just as he started this, we would not have known! According to him, he has done that for 14 yrs and not had a problem, and his experience is what counts!! bah! So I let him go and deicided to DIY and do it right. However, I am a novice and after a lot of elbow grease, we managed to strip wall paper,and prime the walls.Now it is time t learn how to apply texture and I need advice on how to do it. I bought Valspar Texture paint and would like to know how to create texture on the walls manually. I intent to finish off with a coat of SW Harmony line of paint in satin finish. Any advice, tips, pictures, tutorial links etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

mrao77

Comments (18)