SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleplume

New Miele 2012 Dishwasher: Best products to use?

purpleplume
11 years ago

Yesterday, we had our new Miele Futura Diamond DW installed and I thought they would leave us with sample products but they did not. I've read several of older threads on GardenWeb but I am opening a new one because it seems the current Futura line has undergone some questionable design changes that impact cycle temperatures, which it seems, may change the optimal product usage recommendations.

My primary reason in buying this DW was to be able to take the best possible care on my Riedel cyrstal wine stems, so I want to select products that will yield the safest, sparkling clean results for these stems--without any risk of breakage, etching, clouding, etc. I have many, many Riedel stems.

Based on these goals, which products should I buy and what amount should I use of each product? My DH is eager to see the results we get with the Miele DW. The shop that sells the Miele brand DW products closes for the weekend in about 2 hrs, so any quick replies would be much appreciated. Otherwise, it seems we will have to wait two more days to try out the new DW.

Side note: the Miele-trained (but not a Miele employee) who installed the DW yesterday did not impress me. I had seen on this forum that a cold water hook up was preferred for users who want best results on China/Crystal cycles, and he insisted on hooking ours up to the hot water line. I realize this is a separate issue than products (and have read Miele DW install threads on GW) but I am also wondering if I should have them come back and reinstall to the cold water line since crystal cleaning is my top priority.

Comments (12)