SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shead

Need new dishwasher - Bosch 800 series vs Kitchenaid vs Miele?

shead
8 years ago

Our almost 5yo Frigidaire Professional dishwasher (the bane of my existence) finally bit the dust and I'm looking at replacing it with a Bosch (SHX7PT55UC for $1049.99) or a Kitchenaid (KDTM404ESS for 1099.99 or KDTM704ESS for $1299.99). The sales rep at the local appliance dealer gave me a lot of good information on both such as that the Kitchenaid has a heating element whereas the Bosch doesn't and therefore, there may be more condensation inside the machine if not unloaded right away. Bosch is quieter and I like the design of its cutlery rack over the Kitchenaid design. I've seen varied reviews on both brands in those models.

Basically, I want something that will get my dishes clean and dry. I don't necessarily want to have to rinse my dishes prior to loading but I generally don't load dishes with a ton of soil on them to begin with (I will quick rinse/scrub them if they are really caked on). I don't want to spend time drying them when unloading. I don't need a lot of fancy cycles/options. I just want a relatively quiet machine that gets the job done. My Frigidaire failed me big time in this area, but according to the salesman, it appears that the pump has been failing for quite a while and that may have led to my issues of dishes not being clean.

I also questioned him about Miele (they don't carry Miele) and although they are a good machine, he feels that they are overpriced for what they deliver and that I can get a comparable Bosch or Kitchenaid for a lot less money.

Would love to know thoughts, opinions, and experiences with any of these! Thanks!

Comments (28)