SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpanther95_gw

Please help with Seagull Under Cabinet Light planning.

cpanther95
15 years ago

The other under cabinet light threads have dies off, so I'm hoping a specific request can generate some responses.

I need to pre-wire everything this week and I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this linear lighting system. I was planning on a single magnetic transformer, but I'm open to suggestions if you feel there is a better option (multiple small electronic transformers, etc.)

I am planning on putting a dimmer in. I have two switches controlling the line voltage that will feed the system. I'm expecting to use the 10 watt festoon bulbs, but not sure how many I'll need (2, 2.5, 3,4 per foot, etc.) and I assume it should be a 12 Volt system.

I basically have two options for run lengths. I can either make individual runs from the transformer to each of the 5 sections of cabinets and I'll have:

2' to 21" of cabinets

12' to 36" of cabs

22' to 15" of cabs

22' to 57" of cabs

25' to 39" of cabs

or I can run to 2 of those and run a 3rd line for 13' then split off to the other three locations. Runs would then be:

1) 2' to 21" of cabinets

2) 22' to 57" of cabs

3) 13' to junction box and then split to

3a) 5' to 36" of cabs

3b) 9' to 15" of cabs

3c) 15' to 39" of cabs

Any suggestions from wiring, number of bulbs, transformer type/size, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)