SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Hope I can help others avoid HUGE problems

raehelen
15 years ago

I am sorry to have to say that my kitchen company is now added to the list of companies declaring bankruptcy.

This does tie in to Larry's post of "How long do I wait?"

What have I learned and what I hope to share to help others avoid this way too prevalent problem. Those of you who have experienced similar sad stories, please add to the list...

1. Be wary of dealing with new companies. I hate that now, DH and I will be very reluctant to fork over $$$ to companies without a proven track record.

2. Walk through the store front and keep your 'spidey sense' on alert and pay attention if somehow things don't just seem right.

3. Give minimum deposit amounts- don't feel the need to 'show off' that you can pay more than the minimum (Don't ask how I know this...:>(

4. Don't send good money after bad. If you are already getting signals that things aren't progressing smoothly- delays, unreturned phone calls, excuses that sound like lies... don't pay for more extras, order more work.

5. If employees are being replaced, let go, changing constantly- this is not a good sign.

6. Though not a guarantee, speaking to previous satisfied customers should probably be #1 on this list.

7. Of course, this all started because I went with one of our lowest bids - there were two lower, but this one represented what I thought was the best value for the money. And, it would have been, if they could have stayed afloat!

We are still in the process of trying to get the last vanity we ordered from them (see point #4), and I saw 1/2 of my granite order in the shop yesterday, not sure if I will be receiving it or not- but they definitely won't be finishing fabricating or installing it.

Comments (12)