SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annkh_nd

Where/how do you store plastic containers?

annkh_nd
10 years ago

I am in the process of putting things away in my new kitchen, and just tackled the dreaded Plastic Container (PC) collection.

In the old kitchen, I had a lazy susan that held PCs. I have a fair amount of Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers, with several pieces that use the same size lids - very convenient (and color-coded!). But I also have a large number of things like Glad or Ziplock containers - even the same name brand rectangular containers don't use the same size lid - very inconvenient! I am also guilty of saving containers from cottage cheese, sour cream, etc - useful, but there's a limit to how many one really needs.

First I sorted out orphaned containers and lids - I guess it's been a while since I did that. I had planned a drawer for PC storage, but I knew it wasn't going to be nearly big enough
for all the crap I have. I ended up putting just the uniform items in the drawer, with the lids in a box. The stragglers - which are handy if you don't want the container back - went on an upper shelf.

So what do you wise and organized folks do with your PCs? How do you keep track of lids? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida