SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

It's ONLY paint ... right? :-(

User
12 years ago

Well, it's been a little over week since I started my bathroom redo. The walls are all painted. And tonight I decided to be perfectly honest with myself and admit that the color is just not right. Benjamin Moore Warren Acres is great in my kitchen. In my bathroom, however, where the lighting is different and the room is much, much smaller than the kitchen, the yellow-green is more pronounced and especially in the evening, it takes on a harsh tone. I have tried to convince myself that I love it, that it's the perfect shade of "vintage green" I was seeking in the bathroom. But tonight I finally had to admit that it's not working for me. After telling DH, he walked into the bathroom and looked around, and instead of saying what I thought he probably would ("Are you nuts? You don't need to repaint!") - he said, "You know, you're right. It is too yellowish in here; now that you've mentioned it and I'm seeing it too - I don't like it. So - you going to the paint store tomorrow?"

Kill me now. I know it's not a huge investment and it's a small room, but I was so happy to be just about done and ready to enjoy the redo. Now I know I can't until I get the color exactly right. Funny thing is, I have an enamel lid to a vintage (1930s) green bread box that is exactly the color I've envisioned all along. Holding and propping that lid up in various places in the bathroom, I realized that it's only a tad different than Warren Acres, but it's just slightly more to the blue. More of a light minty green than yellow green. That's what I want. And yes, I'm getting my butt out of bed early in the morning and hauling myself and my stupid green lid down to the Benjamin Moore store, walking up to the country and just going, "Help!"

I feel like a dork for getting it wrong. But it's only paint. Right? (Right?) :-(

Comments (34)