SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puppeez_gw

Can I really have it all?

puppeez
13 years ago

After 21 years, we are planning on taking the kitchen back to the studs and creating a new, more functional (I hope!) space. It is a 1-butt kitchen (DH and 2 puppeez watch). We host holiday dinners, occasional picnics and brunches when others may help or just hang out, but I do most of the cooking.

The overall space is 164''w x 33'l for the kitchen/family room. The first floor is fairly open with the dining room on the back side of the kitchen, which is open to the foyer which leads to the family room. There is a laundry room on the other side of the DR leading to the garage. Most traffic comes thru the garage, thru the laundry room thru the DR to the kit/FR.

I asked the KD for a step-in pantry, a 2nd sink, an island (vs existing peninsula/seating), a place to eat/hang out in the kitchen, a larger window, plus accommodate the appliances I've purchased - 48'' built in sxs, 30'' m/o and WD, 36'' cooktop, and DW.

She gave me everything I asked for, and I sit and gaze at her drawings. My question is, is it functionally the best it can be? Get me back to reality and help me figure out if I can work with this kitchen layout.

Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)