SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

Can I tell you all something really nice...

ruthieg__tx
15 years ago

As you all know, my gardening season last year was interrupted with a diagnosis of lung cancer which I immediately started treatment for....Now I have had surgery and I just finished chemo and for now I am doing well. I have lots of recuperation yet to do but I'm getting there. Lung cancer is very difficult to beat but I've at least bought myself another gardening season and for that I am thrilled....now on to what I wanted to tell you ..

I love this forum for many reasons...but just to show you how wonderful the people here at the GardenWeb really are...I received an email from one of the members right here offering to help me get my garden going and to buy and deliver my plants etc etc. The member lives not close but in the same general area... Now how cool is that...I have had so many wonderful things happen to me since my diagnosis and so many caring people have helped me out. I just wanted you all to know that when I received the offer via email, I was surprised at the generosity but then I said...Hey it's the Vegetable forum and that's so typical of everyone...Maybe it's because we are gardeners...Helping someone make their garden is way above the call of friendship and I so appreciated the offer.

I am not going to say who made the offer because I didn't ask if I could share the information but I wanted you all to know the kind of people we have here at the Vegetable forum. If she chooses to tell you that's fine but I'll tell you that she is a member of this board and I think you all will agree with me that she is the epitome of a real gardener....who else would offer to come and help you weed your beds. Thank you GW Member for your generous offer...you really made my day.

Comments (9)