SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajpl_gw

kitchen progress (or lack thereof)

ajpl
15 years ago

On May 30 I met with the woodworker/cabinet guy. We knew he was retired and only worked on projects he wanted to do. We also know him from the community. He liked the idea of building a simple kitchen made to look like it had beenin the house for many years. He liked the primitive style photos I showed him and our house. He agreed to do the work for a very low price and suggested it would take him a few weeks to get far enough along that I should come see the progress and we coudl talk about finishes. I told him I did not want to go into fall without a kitchen and he said it would be done long before fall.

Fast forward to the end of June. I called him and he said he hadn't started yet but was starting the next week. Hmm.

Last night, I got my husband to call him. DH didn't want to because he didn't want to offend him but I thought maybe a little offense could be a good thing at this point. I has been 9 weeks. I also grudingly admitted that this older gentleman may respond better to a man calling him :/

He said he has the materials and had started on the cabinets that day! What a coincidence. Hmm again. DH also asked him by what date he expected to be done and he said August 1st because we wanted it done by fall. At least he remembered. I'll drop dead if it's done in time.

I think this is a case of you get what you pay for. I sure hope he lives up to my expectations especially with making me wait so long.

Comments (7)