SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chestnut3

Help with Mantle and Fireplace

chestnut3
11 years ago

Hi Everyone. I am in search of help with the mantle and fireplace in our main LR/TV room. It is a really long room- about 25X14 with the fireplace centered on the wall opposite the entry and opposite where the TV sits. The fireplace is the main focal point when you walk in the room. The mirror above it is original, and fixed but I could probably take it down if I really wanted to.

Should I put a frame around the mirror? What suggestions do you have to place on top of the mantle other than those too-short glass candle holders I have? (and the popsicle-stick Turkeys:) I don't have anything I collect, and other than kids' pictures, nothing that I really "love."

The other problem is the tile- PO painted all white which I don't like. There is another FP behind this one, and eventually we'd like to bust through and have a 2-sided. But that is down the road a bit. For now, I'd just like to make it pretty. The room is painted BM Paris Rain & please forgive the clutter in the room beyond the arches!

Thanks for your help.

Comments (10)