SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Did I hang this mirror too low? (1 pic)

alisande
14 years ago

I learned a few years ago on this forum that a common mistake is to hang art too high (I used to do this), so I was careful not to do that. But maybe I hung the mirror too low.

Obviously, IÂm not eager to start over and rehang it. IÂm amazed that I got the two picture hangers level and in the right spot to hook the loops on the back of the mirror, and IÂm not sure I can do it twice. But I will if I have to. I donÂt have much experience with mirrors, but to me it looks a little low.

ItÂs 18" from the top of the vertical boards. The beam at the top of the boards would add another 6". I donÂt think I factored in that beam when I decided where to place the mirror.

Do you think I need to raise it up? Alternatively, what would you think about a piece of artwork, horizontal frame, above the mirror?

Another question: How can I camouflage the ugly white cord leading from the floor to the thermostat? I donÂt have the kind of walls that can hide these things, so IÂm wondering if I can wrap it with brown tape. Any other thoughts?

Please disregard the loop of thicker white cord at the right. I don't know what it was doing there. Also, the thing in the lower left corner is a TV that is on its way to Goodwill.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan

PS: Some of you might remember that this is the wall where I had a TV armoire that looked so out of place. It's at my daughter's house now, where it looks good.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert