SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisapoi

teeny tiny prep sink next to a wall?

lisapoi
10 years ago

Layout plans for our kitchen renovation initially did not include a prep sink, but now I am thinking that we should put a very small one in. (I'm looking at one that is about 8" wide and 15" long. It really will be used to rinse off vegetables or pour off water from a pot).
The 'prep' sink would be located in a countertop run of only 32", and would probably have to butt up near a wall. On the other end of this counter is our stove. Our main sink is going to be in an island, (island is located directly across from the stove but the first 2' of counter on that end will house the dishwasher, followed by the main sink next to it).
Is this idea feasible? I know it is far from ideal, in terms of space, but I'm wondering if it would be better than no sink. (I think we will be using the counter on either side of the stove (32" each) and the dishwasher countertop directly across from the stove as a kind of prep space for cutting/chopping vegetables, etc. as I cook.)
I wondered if anyone else has a teeny tiny prep sink in a location that was not exactly ideal . . . and would you do it again, or is it not worth it or too aggravating to use?

Comments (14)