SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Quick peek. Almost done!

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

We installed almost all of our cabinet pulls this weekend. We swapped out some doors and ripped up the ram board from the kitchen cabinet area. Tomorrow our countertops are being templated and they should come in about 2 weeks. We had to wait longer to get more slabs of Cambria so we could get our countertops down to 1 seam.

Our 33" cabinet in the island has slab drawers instead of the 5-piece drawer fronts, so we are waiting on replacement drawers there.

DH and I are still in disagreement about the direction of the prep sink. We are having a prep sink on the corner of the island near the fridge and stove. The sink base faces the stove, so the doors open into the stove aisle. I wanted the prep sink to face the stove. He thinks it makes more sense for it to face the fridge....any input there? DH thinks the prep zone is the island on the fridge side, so the sink should face that side. We need to make a decision by tomorrow for the countertop people.

We still need to install the panel on the side of the fridge too.

Oh, and we are contemplating the large glass doors on the island. DH might want to buy 4 smaller doors for the island bookshelf instead. But I dont think the large ones look that bad. Anyone want to weigh in?

Comments (15)