SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Where to find thin weatherpro artificial Christmas trees?

Last year at Christmas time I decide I wanted a pair of small artificial Christmas trees for my front porch (thin, between 2 and 3 feet high, but not "country" style skinny: it's a formal house). They needn't be potted, as I could put them in some metal planters I already have. Nor need they light up, as I don't have an outdoor outlet anyway. I started looking, but found nothing that said clearly that it could withstand winter weather. My porch is completely exposed, no overhang at all. They would get snow, freezing rain, icicles dripping on them, etc. The small ones I found were pretty expensive: I would not want them to fall apart after one season. I looked all over right after Christmas, and found nothing.

Most of the ones I saw in person had a "bottlebrush" type of construction, twisted wire with thin vinyl strips. This looked not very weather proof to me. I was looking more for a molded plastic needle, or a stiffer needle. I have outdoor wreaths that have withstood over 10 years of winter conditions; bottle brush wires, but a hard plastic needle.

Any suggestions for how to find something that will work? Pictures online don't show that kind of detail. Thanks!

Comments (4)